The Municipal Enterprise for water supply and sewerage of Kozani, (DEYAK) was founded in 1985 and commenced its workings in 1988 on the fields of utilization, operating, maintenance, construction and administration of water and sewerage network of the city of Kozani, Greece. In 1995 the above field of work was broadened with the addition of more domains such as planning, construction, maintenance, administration and operating of the district heating system of the city.
On 2012 DEYAK received a certificate management system according to EN ISO 9001:2008 from TÜV HELLAS (TÜV NORD) SA for: provision of water supply, sewerage and district heating; management and wastewater treatment; planning; design and implementation of projects for water supply.
- Population served 71.000
- Total service area 1.000 km2
- Human resources 122 person
- Human resources for activities in European projects 25 person
- Annual total budget (2012) 15.652.500 €
- Number of water and sewerage subscribers 44.000
- Number of heating system subscribers 26.000
- Annual water treated 14.000.000 m3/year
- Number of wastewater treatment plants 3
Table 1: DEYAK statistical information
DEYAK in the context of business and extroversion, armed with a wealth of experience in co-financed projects of European projects is searching continuously and applying for cutting-edge technologies in order to handle all its network problems in the most cost-benefit, sustainable development and environmental protection way.